Friday, April 23, 2010

Ocean Desires

My artwork, titled Ocean Desires, is on the cover of Art and Poetry journal, Blue Fifth Review, Winter issue, 2010: Body Series. Another work, also a part of this issue, is Veilless Woman.


I also am glad to share that Ocean Desires served as a source of inspiration for editor (of Asian Cha), writer and poet, Tammy Ho Lai- ming, as part of thePoetry Project, initiated by her. Please feel free to share your thoughts about Tammy's poem/ my artwork/ just about anything...

7 comments:

Aleta said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Kavi said...

Awesome ! how have you been ! Its been a long while. Thanks for such updates and keeping us posted !

this is great news. keep it going ! :)

t said...

"Ocean Desires" is beautiful! The woman in it is very mysterious; we only get to see her back, and that leaves us so much room to imagine her present thoughts and her past. When I first saw the piece, I was very touched by how lonely she is, how forlorn. I wanted to know more about her and in my poem, I constructed a past for her that reaches way back to another century. She continues to enchant me.

Thank you again for the opportunity to write a poem on your artwork. Send me more!

Wish you a lovely week.

naperville mom said...

Thanks Aleta and Kavi! How nice to hear from you... And thank you Tammy, for being so so poignant in your analysis... I'd love to see the story you talked about and, more of your Project Poetry... Congratulations once again, about the big news!!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! What an honor.
I love that piece. The red and the fluidity of it - just mesmerizing.

naperville mom said...

Thank you Debbie!:-)

Aleta said...

How exciting! Congratulations!